By Diane Amans
Read or Download An Introduction to Community Dance Practice PDF
Similar dance books
This fantastically produced new ebook via Royal Ballet dancer Andrej Uspenski is a suite of particular images which shines the highlight on ballet, the main appealing of artwork types. those beautiful pictures function a few of the best dancers on level this day, bringing the reader into the mystical global of ballet.
Via interviews with 3 generations of Yalálag Zapotecs (“Yaláltecos”) in la and Yalálag, Oaxaca, this ebook examines the effect of foreign migration in this neighborhood. It strains 5 many years of migration to la on the way to delineate migration styles, neighborhood formation in la, and the emergence of transnational identities of the 1st and moment generations of Yalálag Zapotecs within the usa, exploring why those immigrants and their descendents now examine themselves as Mexican, Mexican Indian immigrants, Oaxaqueños, and Latinos—identities they didn't declare in Mexico.
This introductory textbook is aimed toward undergraduates learning group dance. Drawing on excessive profile participants, the booklet is choked with case reviews, interviews and examples that scholars can use to discover concerns in group dance perform. A resources part contains consultation plans, review instruments and questionnaires.
The e-book is predicated on large box paintings one of the woodland residing Rabhas of North Bengal performed in 1982 and 1983 throughout the choice of their conventional cultural artifacts (ethnographic item) because the museum specimens. one of the accumulated specimens, mask are regarded as one of many major cultural parts of the woodland residing Rabhas.
- Swing Dance: Fashion, music, culture and key moves
- Dancing Fear and Desire: Race, Sexuality, and Imperial Politics in Middle Eastern Dance (Cultural Studies)
- In Step with the Times: Mapiko Masquerades of Mozambique (New African Histories)
- Salpuri-Chum, A Korean Dance for Expelling Evil Spirits: A Psychoanalytic Interpretation of its Artistic Characteristics
- The Haumana Hula Handbook for Students of Hawaiian Dance: A Manual for the Student of Hawaiian Dance
- The Moving Researcher: Laban/Bartenieff Movement Analysis in Performing Arts Education and Creative Arts Therapies
Extra resources for An Introduction to Community Dance Practice
An Introduction to Community Dance Practice by Diane Amans