By Patricia J. Campbell,Aran MacKinnon,Christy R. Stevens
- Introduces readers to significant theories, key phrases, suggestions, and remarkable theorists
- Equips readers with the elemental wisdom and conceptual instruments helpful for considering significantly concerning the complicated concerns dealing with the worldwide community
- Includes various supplemental good points to facilitate studying and increase readers' realizing of the material
Read or Download An Introduction to Global Studies PDF
Similar globalisation books
The 2010 variation of OECD's periodic evaluation of the Euro region economic system. This version comprises chapters overlaying exiting from the difficulty, resolving unsustainable imbalances, rebuilding public funds and financial self-discipline and minimising dangers from imblances in eu banking.
Contemporary global is crowded with foreign legislation and associations that govern the worldwide economic system. This post-World conflict II accumulation of challenging multilateral and smooth plurilateral associations not at all constitutes a accomplished, coherent and powerful approach of worldwide fiscal governance. As intensifying globalization thrusts many longstanding household concerns onto the overseas degree, there's a transforming into have to create on the international point the extra accomplished, coherent and powerful governance procedure that electorate have lengthy taken with no consideration at domestic.
By no means earlier than has the belief of democracy loved the worldwide dominance it holds this day, yet neoliberalism has left the perform of democracy in deep main issue. Marianne Maeckelbergh argues that the main promising version for worldwide democracy isn't coming from conventional political events or foreign associations, yet from the worldwide networks of resistance to neoliberal economics, identified jointly because the Alter-globalisation circulation.
This edited quantity offers an overview of an more and more fragmented relief system. Development cooperation is essentially altering its personality within the wake of worldwide fiscal and political variations and an ongoing debate approximately what constitutes, and the way top to accomplish, worldwide improvement. This additionally has vital implications for the setup of the help structure.
- The U.S.-Honduras Remittance Corridor (World Bank Working Papers)
- Winners and Losers in Globalization
- Marginality and Crisis: Globalization and Identity in Contemporary Africa
- Contextualizing Africans and Globalization: Expressions in Sociopolitical and Religious Contents and Discontents
Extra info for An Introduction to Global Studies
An Introduction to Global Studies by Patricia J. Campbell,Aran MacKinnon,Christy R. Stevens