By Babak Akhgar,Gregory B. Saathoff,Hamid R Arabnia,Richard Hill,Andrew Staniforth,Petra Saskia Bayerl
Application of huge info for nationwide defense provides clients with cutting-edge techniques, equipment, and applied sciences for giant facts analytics within the struggle opposed to terrorism and crime, together with a variety of case stories and alertness situations. This booklet combines services from a world staff of specialists in legislation enforcement, nationwide protection, and legislation, in addition to computing device sciences, criminology, linguistics, and psychology, making a exact cross-disciplinary number of wisdom and insights into this more and more worldwide issue.
The strategic frameworks and demanding elements awarded in Application of huge info for nationwide Security think about technical, criminal, moral, and societal affects, but additionally useful concerns of massive info method layout and deployment, illustrating how information and safeguard issues intersect. In picking present and destiny technical and operational demanding situations it helps legislations enforcement and executive businesses of their operational, tactical and strategic judgements whilst making use of tremendous facts for nationwide security
- Contextualizes the large facts proposal and the way it pertains to nationwide defense and crime detection and prevention
- Presents strategic methods for the layout, adoption, and deployment of huge facts applied sciences in combating terrorism and lowering crime
- Includes a sequence of case reports and eventualities to illustrate the appliance of massive information in a countrywide safeguard context
- Indicates destiny instructions for giant information as an enabler of complex crime prevention and detection
Read Online or Download Application of Big Data for National Security: A Practitioner’s Guide to Emerging Technologies PDF
Similar data mining books
”Eric and Russell have been early adopters of Cassandra at SimpleReach. In useful Cassandra, you take advantage of their event within the trenches administering Cassandra, constructing opposed to it, and development one of many first CQL drivers. when you are deploying Cassandra quickly, otherwise you inherited a Cassandra cluster to have a tendency, spend a while with the deployment, functionality tuning, and upkeep chapters… while you're new to Cassandra, I hugely suggest the chapters on info modeling and CQL.
This e-book investigates novel tools and applied sciences for the gathering, research and illustration of real-time user-generated info on the city scale in an effort to discover capability eventualities for extra participatory layout, making plans and administration procedures. For this goal, the authors current a suite of experiments carried out in collaboration with city stakeholders at numerous degrees (including electorate, urban directors, city planners, neighborhood industries and NGOs) in Milan and long island in 2012.
This ebook studies on advancedtheories and state of the art functions within the box of sentimental computing. Theindividual chapters, written by way of major researchers, are in keeping with contributionspresented through the 4th global convention on smooth Computing, held may perhaps 25-27,2014, in Berkeley. The booklet covers a wealth of key issues in smooth computing,focusing on either basic points and functions.
Key FeaturesOver 2 hundred hands-on recipes that can assist you successfully administer, layout, and optimize large-scale Apache Cassandra ClustersFrom a professional writer, the right way to manage, use, and troubleshoot globally dispensed large-scale databasesDiscover how you can create effective information versions and entry patternsBook DescriptionApache Cassandra is a fault-tolerant, disbursed info shop, which bargains linear scalability permitting it to be a garage platform for big excessive quantity web pages.
- Data Mining for Managers: How to Use Data (Big and Small) to Solve Business Challenges
- Decision Making and Knowledge Decision Support Systems: VIII International Conference of RACEF, Barcelona, Spain, November 2013 and International Conference ... Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems)
- Persuasive Recommender Systems: Conceptual Background and Implications (SpringerBriefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- Abstraction in Artificial Intelligence and Complex Systems
- Advances in Knowledge Management: Celebrating Twenty Years of Research and Practice (Knowledge Management and Organizational Learning)
Additional info for Application of Big Data for National Security: A Practitioner’s Guide to Emerging Technologies
Application of Big Data for National Security: A Practitioner’s Guide to Emerging Technologies by Babak Akhgar,Gregory B. Saathoff,Hamid R Arabnia,Richard Hill,Andrew Staniforth,Petra Saskia Bayerl